steem

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

GARY JOHNSON FOR PRESIDENT

GARY JOHNSON FOR PRESIDENT

We can’t seriously let Donald Trump become the President of the United States. I mean come on. You’ve made your point, years of betrayal, political correctness, yadda yadda yadda. Got it. The sleeping loudmouth has awakened.

But he can’t be President. It’s madness. Be serious.

We can’t seriously let Hillary Clinton become the President of the United States. Even Bernie Sanders voters knows this. Yes, yes, first woman, waited long enough … I would list more things but I honestly can’t even think of pretend reasons someone would vote for her. She’s a disaster. Even she knows it.

She can’t be President. She’s dangerous and dishonest.

So no Trump. No Hillary. Settled. But there comes a time when you have to decide who you are going to vote for, not just who you aren’t.

I was in Washington, DC this weekend for a conference hosted by Freedomworks. On Sunday, family in tow, I visited the Jefferson Memorial, as I have many times before. As one cannot help but do, I read (what are mostly) Jefferson’s words inscribed high on those walls in that shrine to our American philosophy. Only this time, it struck me that each of those ideas must bear on our decision every time we vote. Every time. This is why we vote. And Jefferson’s words help us to see what we should vote for.What we should vote for, and what we should not. I thought of what our founders envisioned. Thomas Jefferson authored the basis for our way of life. As I pondered this, I realized the only decision Jefferson would make in 2016.

When it comes down to it, when it comes to the Supreme Court appointment, when it comes down to the message we send, when it comes down finally to where to put your faith when you’re standing in the voting booth in November, I can only see myself voting for Gary Johnson.

#NeverTrump. #NeverHillary. #AlwaysLiberty

It is not simply a matter of not voting for Trump or Hillary. Even if there is a delegate revolt, even if there is a sudden change and the GOP comes to their senses, even if that change is to the honorable and admirable Senator Ted Cruz, I have no intention of revisiting my opinion. I’m voting for Gary Johnson. Because I believe he’ll strive for more liberty, less government, a good Supreme Court, and because the GOP and the DNC can’t be trusted to do any of those things. And the GOP doesn’t deserve my vote anymore, even with a good candidate.

Now you may say in objection to Johnson “but what about this policy?” or “what about that thing he said,” but to you I say “I can’t hear you over the sound of my voting for Gary Johnson.” Or you might say “but he can’t win the election” or “his party is too weird and doesn’t have mainstream ideas” and to that, I say “I said I can’t hear you lah lah lah” and vote for Gary Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment