steem

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Briwall (1990)






Briwall (1990)

Widespread usage of the internet and the Commodore 64 didn't really overlap. Before you could order whatever you wanted on the internet (or download software within seconds for that matter), you could order things via mail order. But often we were talking several weeks to get your items, not two days or less. Briwall was one of many mail order companies supporting the Commodore 64, even as late as 1990.

I used to love looking at the long lists of stuff I could get for my Commodore 64 in these ads if I only had the money. Ads like this provide a time capsule of what was available at the time. Stuff listed here in bold is "new" though this likely means they are titles that came out several months previously given the relatively long lead time of magazines then. I ordered stuff for my Commodore 64 via mail order a few times though I can't remember now if Briwall was one of the places I ordered from or not.

This ad is from the November 1990 issue of Run magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment